Location:Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
The Setup:This is a fire alarm bell outside a building in the Valley. I thought it was quaint enough for a photo.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Exposure: 1/200" @ f/9/1, ISO 400
Lightroom - ...
- Auto apply a B&W preset I have called "PSKiss-FilmStyleBW-01". It auto applies curves (lights +60, darks -12, shadows -12), brightness +45, contrast +45, clarity +50 and increases the colour mixes in all channels, but mainly green and aqua.
- Further curves: Lights +60, darks +35, shadows -75
- Clarity +100, highlight recovery +100
- Saturation +100 (this lightened the light lens)
- Manual lens correction: This wasn't a problem with the lens, but with my composition. I used a vertical transform -8 (on a scale of -100 to +100) to slightly adjust the perspective to be as if I was standing half a step back.
The wash-up:The first time I shot this, I tried to get a picture of the inside of the bell. That didn't work out so I took this one instead.
What do you think?All constructive criticism is welcome! Please let me know what you think, and what you don't like about the picture. Everything is on the table, including the setup, equipment used, and the post processing. Nothing is off-limits and I'm always eager to learn!