Location:Queens Park, Ipswich
The Setup:After an evening of unsuccessful drain exploring (and really wet shoes), Al and I headed for Queens Park and he did some light painting. I am taking notes.
This is a greenhouse at Queens Park. Alan lightpainted with blue and green strobes, orange torch and the red orb. The moon was quite bright tonight, so moonlight overpowered most of the added light.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Exposure: 302/1" @ f/63/10, ISO 100
Lightroom 4 -
- (Set white balance to tungsten in-camera - Al's idea)
- Presence: Exposure +0.5 stops, highlights +20, shadows -25, whites +25
- Curves: lights +30
- Noise reduction: luminance +30
- ACR lens profile correction for EF-S 15-85mm
- Spot adjustment to the sky: clarity +100 (to bring out more stars)
The wash-up:I would have allowed in more light. I was able to lighten it in post. This would work better with a new moon rather than full moon.
What do you think?All constructive criticism is welcome! Please let me know what you think, and what you don't like about the picture. Everything is on the table, including the setup, equipment used, and the post processing. Nothing is off-limits and I'm always eager to learn!