Location:Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:This is a panorama of a really narrow alley and building site in Fortitude Valley.
This is stitched from 15 images, and there are some stitching errors because of the tight confines and really wide-angle shots. Hugin found about 2900 control points and I added a few hundred more manually.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 650D
Lens: Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS @ 15mm
Exposure: 1/40" @ f/8, ISO 100 (M, 1-stop bracketing)
Lightroom 4 -
- Resized images to 3000px as Hugin couldn't handle the full 5000px images (even with 16gb of ram, even with just two images, suggesting it's a per-image limitation).
- For the bottom right image, exposure +2 stops to bring out the detail of the mess underneath.
- Auto find control points
- Add about 300 extra control points manually
- Preset: B&W Look 5, which uses desaturation to get a B&W image, with shadow levels -15, temp +60 and tint +25. This preset changes the source image to red before converting to B&W (you can see this effect if you convert any image B&W, then mess with the temp slider).
- Brought some saturation back (+15). This resulting in a red tint.
- Exposure +0.5 stops, highlights -100, shadows +45, white clipping +75, black clipping -40, clarity +15
- Spot adjustment on the brick wall at the back: Exposure -0.9 stops
- Spot adjustment on the sky #1: Exposure -0.75 stops, contrast +100, highlights +95, shadows -100, clarity -100
- Spot adjustment on the sky #2 (because one was not enough!): Exposure -0.9 stops, contrast -100 (yes, this doesn't make sense), highlights +100, shadows -100