Location:Ebbw Vale Station, Ipswich
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:As usual, I attempted the Gizmodo Shooting Challenge after the challenge was over. This time, the "Solarize challenge (or Solarise for British English) was simply to make an engaging solarised picture.
The camera & lens:Camera: iPhone 4
Exposure: 1/430" @ f/2.8, ISO 80
I followed the steps laid out in this tutorial. The GIMP -
- Colour -> Desaturate -> Average
- Colour -> Curves -> an inverted "V" shaped curve as shown in the screen shot
- Colour -> Curves -> a gentle "S" curve to add contrast
- Import above picture
- Clarity +35
- Noise reduction: luminance +45
- Spot adjustment on the warning sign to increase contrast
The wash-up:It's not fabulously original but it is the first I tried.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!