Location:Our place, Ipswich
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:The first week in August marked the first time my car has frozen over in Aus. I wasn't prepared for this, and it took about ten minutes of car on full heat/air con + scraping the windscreen to make a little viewing hole.
On other days, I just walked instead.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Lens: Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS @ 15mm
Exposure: 1/40" @ f/4.0, ISO 1600
Lightroom 4 (Before assembling...)
- On all images, I upped the clarity to make the icy bits stand out - but (hopefully) short of looking oversharpened.
- I added the three images as separate layers and moved them around the canvas.
- The Mitsubishi logo is cropped and is smaller than the other images, so I sized the others down to fit. I'm not sure if this permanently loses the details but I've still got the originals anyway.
- Presence: contrast +25, highlights +5, shadows -10, whites +15, blacks -10
- Noise reduction (luminance) +30
The wash-up:Nothing too exciting about the composition of the images, so I laid them out differently to see if that could be forgiven.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!