Location:Adelaide St, Brisbane
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:This was shot for the Street Photography Now challenge 32: "Follow lines of movement for a graphic journey". I'm not sure if this counts as street photography. It is composed of two images, first a 5" shot (using near-infrared filter as an ND filter), and second was a normal daytime exposure.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Lens: Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS @ 15mm
Filters: Near-infrared (580nm), Polariser
Exposure: 5" @ f/3.5, ISO 100 ((for the long exposure))
Lightroom 4 (prep for long exposure) -
- Convert to B&W
- Clarity +100, exposure +1.35 stops
- Curves: Lights -100, darks +10, shadows -70
- Clarity -100
- Layer 1: The long exposure
- Layer 2: Levels adjustment: 0, 0.47, 226
- Layer 3: The normal exposure, style multiply, opacity 80%
- Layer 4: Levels adjustment: 0, 1.21, 255
- Graduated filter from middle to top: Exposure +2.6 stops, clarity +45
- Graduated filter from middle to bottom: Clarity +45
- Exposure +0.4 stops
The wash-up:This is exactly what I had in mind and it took an hour of trial and error processing to get there.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!