General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:Happy Birthday Evelyn! Childcare day, and Lui made her a big lot of cupcakes to share with her friends.
First attempt at a (on purpose) low contrast snap-shot type look.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 650D
Lens: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX-DC @ 30mm
Exposure: 1/4000" @ f/2.0, ISO 100
Lightroom 5 (left pic) (slightly overexposed) -
- Highlights -55, shadows +25
- Auto-upright perspective correction (to straighten the house in the background)
- Exposure +0.5 stops, highlights -40, shadows +60, whites -20.
- Curves: highlights -20
- Hue: Yellow +45 (toward green - to green up the grass), orange -10 (toward red)
- Lens Correction: Purple defringe +7
- Noise reduction: Luminance +30, colour +100
- Assemble images next to eachother
- Highlights -55, shadows +25 (again - was set to defaults and I liked how it turned out)
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!