Location:Ipswich Showgrounds, Ipswich
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:This ride did a lot of moving, so I thought to take some long exposures and stack them together. That didn't work out, but this is one of the 10-second exposures that was going to go into that composition. This is the darkest part of the ride, and people are being spun around on the arms.
The camera & lens:Camera: Sony RX100 II
Lens: Sony RX100M2 fixed lens 10.4-37.1mm f/1.8-4.9 (28-105mm equivalent) @ 10.4mm
Exposure: 10" @ f/11, ISO 100 (Timer-multi exp mode, which waits 10 seconds, then takes 5 exposures in a row.)
Lightroom 5 -
- Basic: Highlights +25, shadows +100, whites -100, blacks -15, clarity +40 (high contrast scene: tried to reduce blown highlights and increase the interesting darker bits)
- Graduated filter #1 - lower third to top: clarity +55 (further increase the visibility of people on the ride, without increasing the light flare)
- Graduated filter #2 - lower third to bottom: contrast +100, shadows -100, saturation -20 (to take some of the edge off the highlights in the lower third)
- Graduated filter #3 - mid-right to edge: highlights -100 (to de-emphasise/remove some flare spots - which may have been dust on the lens)
- Noise reduction: Luminance +20, colour +45
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!