Location:Hutton Lane, Brisbane
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:I took a walk at lunch and spent all of my time looking up.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 650D
Lens: Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS @ 15mm
Exposure: 1/320" @ f/3.5, ISO 100 (Av, liveview)
Lightroom 4 -
- Convert to B&W using default colour mix
- Presence: Exposure +0.5 stops, highlights +20, shadows -40, white clipping -20, black clipping -60, clarity +65
- Spot adjustment brush for the window ledge at the top of the picture: Exposure +1.2 stops
- Graduated filter in top third of picture: Exposure +2.6 stops, clarity +100 (to darken the sky and building opposite)
- Lens correction: profile for EF-S 15-85mm lens.
- Lens correction: manual distortion -12 (to barrel it out a bit - this was an unsuccessful attempt to make all the lines go straight)
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!