General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:This is the outside of a boarded up building on Adelaide Street. I assume these jigsaw pieces were either art or an advertisement.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Exposure: 1/100" @ f/25/10, ISO 400
- Auto apply a B&W preset I have called "PSKiss-FilmStyleBW-01". It auto applies curves (lights +60, darks -12, shadows -12), brightness +45, contrast +45, clarity +50 and increases the colour mixes in all channels, but mainly green and aqua.
- Lightroom lens correction, to correction the barrel distortion of the 30mm lens. I chose to overcorrect slightly
- Crop down
- Curves: highlights +100, lights +75, darks +20, shadows -65
- Clarity +200. Lightroom only has the option to go to +100, however you can add adjustments layers for clarity, so I added a second one for an addition clarity +100.
- Final adjustment: lower temperature by 200K. This slightly changed the colours that went in to the B&W mix and lightened some portions.
The wash-up:I went back for a re-take and took exactly the same shot - happy with it.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!