Location:Riverdale Park, Loganlea
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:Amelia's second birthday party. While Evelyn is naturally the cutest baby in the world, Amelia runs a close second.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Exposure: 1/1600" @ f/22/10, ISO 400
- Auto apply a B&W preset I have called "PSKiss-FilmStyleBW-01". It auto applies curves (lights +60, darks -12, shadows -12), brightness +45, contrast +45, clarity +50 and increases the colour mixes in all channels, but mainly green and aqua.
- Lightroom lens correction for the Sigma 30mm
- Recovery +30, blacks +15, no change to curves
- Saturation +45, to change the source mix of colours to make the B&W image. This would have the same effect as using the colour mixer bars but is useful when you don't know what you want, just mucking around
- Graduated filter for clarity +100 in the lower half of the picture, to make Dora clearer on the cake. (clarity +100 over the whole picture accentuates the background out-of-focus bits and doesn't look good
The wash-up:I would have gotten down lower so the height difference wouldn't be so much.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!