Location:At home, Ipswich
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:I think this is a dandelion (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taraxacum) or a false dandelion (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catsear)
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Filters: 0.42x fisheye filter (macro mode)
Exposure: 1/200" @ f/9/1, ISO 400
- Auto apply a B&W preset I have called "PSKiss-FilmStyleBW-01". It auto applies curves (lights +60, darks -12, shadows -12), brightness +45, contrast +45, clarity +50 and increases the colour mixes in all channels, but mainly green and aqua.
- Curves: Lights +100 - blow out highlights.
- Then recovery +75, fill light +15 and blacks +15 - to bring the highlights back under control. (The effect is subtle.)
- Reduce the green mix so that the grass in the background is de-emphasised
- Add spot adjustment to two highlights on the right (bright things in the background that were quite distracting).
The wash-up:Pleased with the result. As I was thinking of what to write for this section, I thought "I wish I could remove the bright out-of-focus points to the right." So instead of writing that, I went back and edited them out.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!