Location:Brisbane City, north bank of the river.
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:My R72 filter (infrared only) has been delivered from HK and I've been keen to try it out. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't, and I've also been playing it safe with a really small aperture (to allow for the different focus point of IR light).
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II @ 18mm
Filters: Near-infrared (580nm)
Exposure: 10" @ f/16, ISO 400
- Auto apply a B&W preset I have called "PSKiss-FilmStyleBW-01". It auto applies curves (lights +60, darks -12, shadows -12), brightness +45, contrast +45, clarity +50.
- Curves: lights +90, darks -35, shadows -12
- Spot adjustment to try to counteract the hot spot in the middle of the frame (well known problem, caused by flare that isn't a problem with normal exposures during the day)
- Graduated filter horizontally from the top of the frame, exposure -0.4 stops, contrast +100 and clarity +100: to increase contrast in the sky
- Noise reduction - luminance +60
The wash-up:I'm happy with this, while I'm learning the ins and outs of the IR filter.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!