Location:Spring Hill, Brisbane
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
The Setup:After reading up some more on how to achieve the false colour effect, the consensus is to take a shot of some foliage, then set the custom white balance using that shot, then continue on.
The camera & lens:Filters: Near-infrared (580nm)
The GIMP -
- Run colour -> levels -> auto-levels (as per all the tutorials)
- Re-import from GIMP
- Curves: Darks -5, shadows -80
- Colours: Luminance red +100, green +100
- Noise reduction: Luminance +50
- Crop out some purple banding on the right-hand side.
- Spot adjustment to de-emphasise the flare spot in the centre of the screen (this could be done better...
The wash-up:I don't think I like the particular colour tone, but still need more practice with getting the colour that I do want.
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!