Location:Seven Hills TAFE, Brisbane
General location: Australia, South-East Queensland
On the roof of this building, these seem to be ventilation / air conditioning stacks. For this shot, I controlled the cameras while Alan walked between each stack and fired off alternating green and orange flashes.
In Alan's version of this shot, he also fired off two shots to light up the front of the nearest stacks. This actually gave quite a different feel to the shot.
The camera & lens:Camera: Canon EOS 650D
Lens: Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS @ 18mm
Exposure: 106" @ f/6.3, ISO 400 (M, bulb mode with intervalometer)
Lightroom 4 -
- Presence: Shadows +85, white clipping +50, black clipping -40, clarity +10
- Curves: Darks +20, Shadows +15 (I used curves to bring out the shadows at the front, as it is a more subtle effect).
- Noise reduction: luminance +25, colour +100
- ACR lens correction profile for EF-S 15-85mm.
- Careful crop and rotate so everything was centred and balanced
- Graduated filter in the sky area: exposure -1 stop (to darken the sky; this was facing towards the city and the sky was quite bright)
What would you do?
You are welcome to have a go at editing this photo yourself. When editing in browser, maximum size is 1600x1200px and edits can be saved as a comment if you want to share your work. Go crazy!